There is a large element of luck involved in playing any slot machine. Unlike other casino games like blackjack, slot machines do not have a ‘perfect strategy formula’ in which a player can stick too. However, there are a number of ‘tips’ you can follow to minimize loses and maximize profits.
You may not be aware that slot machines are required by law to payout most of the cash they take in! If the machine keeps too much of the players’ money then the casino can get into serious trouble. If you’ve ever visited Las Vegas you can’t help but notice the large ‘Payout Percentage’ signs above the slot machines. Each row of machines will have a sign advertising the current payout percentage above them. In most cases, this is usually around 90% to 99%.
This does not mean that the slot must payout 90% of each player staked cash, you could put in $100 and win nothing! The next person at the machine could put in $1 and win $90. A computer chip inside the slot keeps a running total of all the money which has passed through the machine when this total nears the maximum allowed by law the machine must start paying out. When a slot reaches this maximum it turns from a cold machine to a hot machine.
Important First Slot Machine Tip
Our first slot tip is using a basic formula to recognize slot machines which have gone cold. You can do this by setting yourself a ‘cool number’, this number is the amount of times you are going to spin without a win. A good average cool number is 6 – 8 spins. If you get no joy after this many spins then move on to another machine. Why keep pumping cash into a cold machine when there are plenty of other slots to play!
Now, let’s hope that you’ve just hit a juicy hot slot, you will need to maximize your profits during these good runs. Remember this simple tip when you’re winning. Start by betting one coin by spin. If you win, increase your stake to 2 coins a spin. Keep increasing your stake as long as you’re winning. If you spin and lose, then drop your stake back down to one coin and repeat the process.
Top Ten Slots Tips
- Play Slot Machines that are suited to your budget.
- Set daily or weekly limits on how much cash to gamble per week AND STICK TO IT!
- Make sure your bank a portion of you’re winning, it’s always better to bank those wins however small.
- Always get a feel for a new Slot Machine game in free play mode before wagering real cash.
- Quit when you’re ahead, the bank wins and uses the cash for another day.
- If you’re on a losing streak then stop playing! The old saying goes “When you find yourself in a hole – stop digging”
- Scared money can’t win, never, never chase losses by gambling more.
- Don’t play drunk! Your judgment is impaired and you will take big risks and lose big.
- Don’t play too many ‘Progressive Jackpot’ machines, the prize money on offer may be tempting but the odds are against you.
- Double your money by joining a site like Jackpot City, deposit £10 and get £10 free, deposit £50 and get £50 free!
The tips above are a good starting point but unless you have a goal or exit strategy you will never win playing slots online. If you play long enough eventually you will lose all your stake money! You need to be disciplined and set yourself a cash/return goal.
A return on your original stake of around 10% to 15% is a great benchmark, during a playing session if you reach this figure you should immediately stop playing and cash out the profit you have made.
Casinos make money because players get too greedy! always, always take the small wins over the big gamble. These small wins will enable you to keep players longer and longer, without the need to top-up your casino account with new cash. The longer you can stay in the game the better chance you’ll have of landing a massive jackpot!